Hi, I’m Steve and I am an artist based in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I love creating landscapes, portraits and still life studies in oil, acrylic, watercolor, graphite or ink.
When I was eight my mother saw potential in my early sketches and enrolled me in private art lessons. I went on to earn a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Business Administration. During my career I traveled throughout the U.S., Europe and Japan; living in Puerto Rico for three years. Even though I turned to art as a means of fueling my creativity throughout my life, it wasn’t until after I retired and joined the en plein air painting group; Vistas and Vineyards, that I began painting weekly.
I find great inspiration in studying the works of the Masters. Two of my favorite artists are Monet and Rembrandt. Rembrandt for his exquisite depiction of light and shadow and Monet for his use of color in simplifying the dynamic into truly compelling imagery.
- 2020 2nd Place – Vistas and Vineyards 2020 Juried Show, Corvallis, OR
- 2019 Best Oil – Vistas and Vineyards Artist on Location 30th Anniversary Show, Corvallis, OR
- Juried Exhibitor, Giustina Gallery, Corvallis, OR
- Exhibitor, Corvallis Art Guild’s Hanging On Exhibit, Corvallis, OR
- Exhibitor, Benton County Tax Office, Corvallis, OR
- Exhibitor, Lumos Winery, Philomath, OR
- Juried Exhibitor, Giustina Gallery, Oregon State University
- Exhibitor, Finley Wildlife Refuge, Corvallis, OR
Buying my Art
See one of my paintings or drawings you are interested in?
Contact me for availability and pricing.
Feel free to email me with questions.